(2) Large-scale Killing within the City of Nanking, Seigo Imai, Bungei Shunju, special coll. 1956.
(3) The Attack on Nanking and the Murder Cases, Katsumi Shimada, Personages Come and Go, special issue 1956.
(4) The White Tiger Unit Soaked with Blood, ed. by Kensuke Hata, Japan Weekly, 1957
(5) The Nanking Massacre Incident and the Diaries of Iwane Matsui.
(6) History of the Sino-Japanese War, Ikuhiko Hata, Tokyo: Kawade Bookstore, 1961, renewed ed. 1986 - according to the book, the total number of Chinese soldiers and civilians killed in the Massacre is around 430,000.
(7) The Research Situation of the Nanking Massacre and Future Directions Xian Zhou Guo
(8) Japan's Textbook Controversy, Kojima Shinji, JSJAAC, V.2, 1990.
(9) The Other Nuremburg: The Untold Story of the Tokyo War Crime, Trials Arnold Brackman, Morrow, 1988.
(10) Japanese Terror in China, Harold John Timperley, Modern Age Books, 1938.
Back to Table of Contents. Back to Reading Room