Index for Chapter XI - Of Discerning, and other operations of the Mind
- 1. No knowledge without discernment.
- 2. The difference of wit and judgment.
- 3. Clearness done hinders confusion.
- 4. Comparing.
- 5. Brutes compare but imperfectly.
- 6. Compounding.
- 7. Brutes compound but little.
- 8. Naming.
- 9. Abstraction.
- 10. Brutes abstract not.
- 11. Brutes abstract not, yet are not bare machines.
- 12. Idiots and madmen.
- 13. Difference between idiots and madmen.
- 14. Method followed in this explication of faculties.
- 15. The true beginning of human knowledge.
- 16. Appeal to experience.
- 17. Dark room.
© Roger Bishop Jones
created 29/10/94; modified 4/12/95