Index for Chapter XVII - Of Infinity
- 1. Infinity, in its original intention, attributed to space,
duration, and number.
- 2. The idea of finite easily got.
- 3. How we come by the idea of infinity.
- 4. Our idea of space boundless.
- 5. And so of duration.
- 6. Why other ideas are not capable of infinity.
- 7. Difference between infinity of space, and space infinite.
- 8. We have no idea of infinite space.
- 9. Number affords us the clearest idea of infinity.
- 10. Our different conceptions of the infinity of number contrasted
with those of duration and expansion.
- 11. How we conceive the infinity of space.
- 12. Infinite divisibility.
- 13. No positive idea of infinity.
- 14. How we cannot have a positive idea of infinity in quantity.
- 15. What is positive, what negative, in our idea of infinite.
- 16. We have no positive idea of an infinite duration.
- 17. No complete idea of eternal being.
- 18. No positive idea of infinite space.
- 19. What is positive, what negative, in our idea of infinite.
- 20. Some think they have a positive idea of eternity, and not of
- 21. Supposed positive ideas of infinity, cause of mistakes.
- 22. All these are modes of ideas got from sensation and
© Roger Bishop Jones
created 29/10/94; modified 4/12/95